Sunday, February 23, 2014

To Do List

Does anyone ever really find themselves? Or are we always searching for something that we may never find. We all feel lost, out of place and we're just looking for somewhere to belong. We're all too busy trying to find ourselves on some dramatic journey that we can't see we've already been found. We're just waiting for our mind to be ready to accept who you are. NOLA is my home and it's where I belong. I learned more in this week about myself than I had ever hoped to. As I expressed at reflection on our last night I feel as though I've lost myself somewhere along the road and I'm desperately trying to find where I fell off. I've done some thinking this week and I came up with a "To Do List" to live a happier and more fulfilled life.

1. Start putting everything you have into anything you do. Either you put 100% effort into what you're doing or don't do it. What's the point of doing something if it isn't your absolute best. Why waste your time?

2. Forgive and forget. Stop dwindling on the past. There's nothing you can do to change the past. It's dead and gone. You have to learn from your mistakes and go with the flow.

3. Cherish your family. They're always going to be there for you no matter what. It doesn't matter how frustrated they make you at the end of the day they're the ones who know you better than anyone.

4. The love you give into this world is the same amount you're going to receive. If you're putting out negative vibes that's all you'll receive.

5. Accept others for what they are. Don't try to change them and make them something they aren't. If everyone was able to forget about everyone's differences and live in harmony the World could be such a beautiful place.

6. Accept yourself. Sometimes all you have is yourself. If you can't love yourself how can you live a happy life. Don't try to change yourself, you are who you are and that's OK. You don't need to conform to anything in this World. You just do what makes you happy and that's all that matters.

Every year I venture down to NOLA I learn more and more about myself. I don't know where I would be without this program. It's shaping me into what I want to be and it's making me a better person. I still haven't found exactly what I'm looking for but does anyone really? It's opened my eyes to all the beauty in the World and I feel for the first time I can see clearly.

Meg Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment