Monday, February 17, 2014

First Day at United Saints

I really enjoyed my first day working for United Saints and the experiences I have had so far on this trip. Although painting the church was not my first choice, I decided to take the best out of it. I am most surprised by how much I enjoyed standing on the ladders. Personally, I am afraid of heights and did not think I would want to stay on those high ladders. I don't know exactly what made me step on it; maybe I just didn't have the time to think about it or maybe, in reality I am not afraid of heights. From the second I stepped on the ladder, I realized the word fear was never created but only present in the back of our minds. I felt that I was too concentrated on the specs I had to paint that I erased my fear of heights from my mind. It is only through today's experienced that I have understood the meaning of overcoming obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment