Sunday, February 23, 2014

Emotions Running High

As I sit here at my desk after a restful night of sixteen hours of much needed sleep and enduring the longest day of travel I have had in a very long time, my mind has wandered to all of my responsibilities now that I have returned. (Those two essays are not looking very friendly right about now.) I had such a great time reading my green sheet when I woke up this morning. All so genuine. I certainly did not realize what everyone noticed about me during the week. This trip has been such an emotional ride for everyone. However for me as a returner, it was strangely more emotional than last year. I had no idea what my second trip to New Orleans had in store for me. As a sophomore, I did not realize the emotional impact of what we were doing. I've gone back and forth with my emotions already today. From frustration to enthusiasm. I will be taking the New Orleans 2014 experience and applying it to my everyday life. I have set that goal for myself, along with a few others that I will not be able to accomplish until I return next year for my third and final year on the NMRHS NOLA Service Learning trip in 2015. As I have told many of my peers as we returned from this trip, it was an emotional experience that even some adults in our life won't ever be able to fathom. 


-Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment