Thursday, February 13, 2014

Back down in New Orleans

There are no words that can describe how excited I am to be back in New Orleans with some of the most amazing people I have ever met.  Although it is only my second trip I now know the things I truly need for the week so I don't over pack like I did last year.  I am really excited to see the things that have changed in the past year and also to see the familiar faces of everyone that we worked with throughout the week.  The thing I am most excited for though is seeing the faces of the new members when we do all of the service together as a group.  I cant wait to see the emotions that everyone is feeling especially those of the people who have never been on the trip.  I'm ready for the plane rides, the family dinners, the reflections out by the fire, and just getting to know everyone a little bit better.  With less than twenty four hours until we take off to the beautiful city of New Orleans I am ready to leave Pepperell behind along with all of the snow and simply do good for others just because it's what I like to do.


-Matt Desrosiers

No comments:

Post a Comment